Thursday, September 20, 2007

Andrei Cries Out (again)

So Andrei Kirilenko has apparently basically asked for a trade, saying he doesn't like his fit on the Jazz.

"Coach Sloan is one of the reasons. It's not the only reason. ... [Sloan's] main method to motivate players is to create a feeling of guilt. Our wages, our errors in games and whatever we do beyond playing for the Jazz is also an excuse to criticize us. I want to play basketball. I want to be happy playing basketball, but I don't want to be a robot in Sloan's system."


I find it very interesting that he'd do this. The Jazz gave him a max contract, obviously because they believed in him and had him in their plans. However I find it more interesting thinking about the places he could end up, especially given the possibility that he could play his more natural position, as a running 4. I do think he'd thrive in Phoenix's system, as a running 3, but I doubt that would happen considering that Phoenix doesn't want to mess with the success they've had. The Lakers would be another interesting fit, though I don't see that happening either. There are several scenarios that could be potentially dangerous. Like the pipe dream I have of the Rockets trading Battier, the expiring contract of Bob Sura, and perhaps Luther Head with a draft consideration for him. I think I'd explode with excitement though, so maybe not.

Honestly, I think he'll stay, but it will affect the team chemistry of the Jazz. Personally, I don't think it's appropriate for a player as passionate as Kirilenko to strait up demand a trade. I do believe that it has alot to do with his success in the Euro Tournament. Unfortunately he's a very talented player and it would be very sad to see him leave the NBA due to the doings of a coach, but hey what can you do.

No comments: